Friday, April 21, 2006

Lionel Richie


My wife got FREE tickets to see Lionel Richie at the Staples Center.

The Staples Center held a Free (by invitation only) concert for their season ticket holders and since her office has season tickets for the Lakers, Clippers, Kings, and the concert series they were provided with 4 tickets, of which we got two. 18th row, catered dinner, cocktails and premier parking.

So last night we had the in-laws picked up and babysat the girls and the wife and I went off to see the concert.

I was a little apprehensive at first because Lionel hasn't put out an album in what like 25 years. But when we got there and the music started; it was awesome. It's amazing how many songs of his are familiar to me. Songs I sing to my wife but have forgotten that Lionel had originally performed them. It was like a musical tour of my childhood. His music seemingly was always in the backgroud growing up.

He sang a lot of his hits, especially from his Commodores days.

I tell you what you can't beat FREE. (Free parking, tickets, food, and booze)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!